If you’ve got a holdout client or prospect that’s still afraid of the cloud, or that has an IT department that rules the roost with an iron fist reminiscent of the cold war, here’s a sobering number – 10X. A study by cloud analytics firm Netskope found that for every cloud instance the typical IT team knows about, another nine exist.
It turns out that the lack of centralized cloud planning is creating issues with compliance and redundancy and overspend, so there’s plenty of room for you and your clients’ IT departments to wear white hats. Help them focus on simplification and adoption policies for their companies. Here are some steps you can walk your clients through to help them gain control of their cloud adoption:
1. Perform an audit. Get every one of your client’s employees a form or a link to an online survey and figure out which apps they’re using. Make sure you identify apps they may use personally but are sharing in the business environment (there may be opportunities to button down security here).
2. Take this list and organize it into applications categories so you can easily identify redundancies. Pay close attention to discrepancies and redundancies among multilocation customers as shadow IT purchasing often is higher in satellite locations.
3. Help your clients’ IT departments establish best-of-breed applications and organize migration to common apps and platforms.
4. Look for multiple accounts for the same application and consolidate them under one master account to leverage bulk discounts. (Cloud audits can work just like telecom services audits.)
5. Have your clients establish cloud adoption policies for future adoption uses.
Keep in mind that potential confusion and chaos in cloud adoption is why we rolled out our TelePacific Cloud Solutions Suite. We can help you solve many of your customers’ cloud needs in the same way we help you solve their connectivity needs. Together, we can take away much of your client’s IT headache so they can focus on their business. Our current cloud solutions include: