This month, we’ve reached out to our business customer base with a new angle on security tips because breaches are again at the forefront of business headlines and concerns, thanks to the attack on iCloud celebrity accounts and the breach at JP Morgan Chase. The tips we gave our customers are available for your review here.
Separately, it’s becoming increasingly clear that, as cloud, IT and communications advisers, the demand for security knowledge and practices among independent agents will increase dramatically. As you’re building your security arsenal it’s important to keep in mind that we offer your customers a multi-layered approach to security via our OneSecure managed security offering, which includes the TelePacific Communications Customer Security Portal. Here’s a quick cheat sheet to use in discussion with your clients.
OneSecure delivers six layers of security:
- Firewall – lock/unlock ports to prevent unwanted access into your customer’s network
- Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) – monitors open ports to prevent malicious traffic from entering your customer’s network
- Gateway Antivirus – deals with malicious code lurking in high-traffic websites by checking all HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP and FTP traffic and blocking access to infected sites
- Web Content Filtering – for use in preventing unauthorized web browsing
- SPAM Filtering – off-network processing of all inbound email through a multi-layer SPAM filter that blocks or categorizes inbound SPAM
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) – secure access to your customer’s local area networks for remote locations and offsite employees (or suppliers or customers)
The value proposition of OneSecure rests solidly on the ability of your customer to outsource network security at a time when it’s never been more important, complex or labor intensive. Benefits include:
- Access to best-of-breed technology that’s continually tested in the real world
- Easy installation and automatic/continuous upgrades
- Low up-front capital expenditures (think: the same proposition of low startup costs and easy scalability offered by our cloud services suite)
- Detailed reporting (30 portal dashboard reports including all Internet activity and attacks)
- Empowers your customers to focus on their business while we focus on this (it’s important and complex, but in practical terms is just another component in our “Three Cs” value proposition)
Where to get more info:
- Access the main OneSecure product page on our website here.
- Get a detailed flyer/datasheet for your customers here.
- View the OneSecure video demo here.
As always, you also can turn to your channel manager for product info and sales support with OneSecure or any of our other products. This is particularly important to remember when dealing with specialty areas like security. We can help you get up to speed and, when needed, help you close business.